Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Banana Nutella Bread

Pinterst Alter! This was posted on pinterest through originally at Emily Carlton and Visions of Sugar Plum. After all, how is anyone supposed to resist a Nutella Recipe?!

BANANA NUTELLA BREAD

Ingredients:
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups mashed ripe banana
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Nutella



Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  • This is a classic 'wet ingredient/dry ingredient' mix. Remember, sugar always counts as a wet ingredient. So, in one bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, aka the 'dry ingredients'. In another bowl mix the banana, butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs, aka the 'wet ingredients'. I recommend using a hand mixer and, as always, make sure to break the yolks.
  • Combine the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend with hand mixer.
  • Divide the batter into two parts. Into one part mix the Nutella.
  • Alternate pouring the two mixture parts (nutella and plain) into a greased loaf pan. Drag a knife through the loaf pan to 'marbleize' the mixtures.
  • Bake at 350 for 1 hour


Lexie's Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350.
  • Mash bananas. In the past I've used a potato masher, but sometimes that's hard to clean. This time I used my mixer beaters and smashed the bananas by hand first.
  • I didn't take the care to slowly add the ingredients and mix for the times recommend, and guess what, it didn't matter! Just make sure to mix well. Also, if you are adding the dry mixture to the wet in one large batch, stir it first by hand, folding over the mixture so the dry ingredients don't go all over the kitchen.

Mashing Bananas
'Wet' and 'Dry' Mixtures

  • I would have preferred more dark veins of Nutella. Next time I make this I will divide the batter into a group of one third and a group of two thirds and mix the nutella into the small group. Alternate adding spoonfuls of each batter mixture to a greased loaf pan. I also plan heat the nuttella to a running consistency and lightly pour a few pure nutella veins into the loaf pan.
The marbled mixes, ready to bake
  • Cook for one hour.
Finished Banana Nutella Bread. Yummy!


Summary:
This was a good breakfast bread and enjoyed by everyone who ate it. I already have a favorite banana bread recipe, which I think would be easily adaptable to adding Nutella and I would use if I made this again. Additionally I would try to ramp up the veins of nutella in the bread by using thin lines of pure nutella or concentrating the nutella within a small amount of batter. I would definitely use this recipe again if I had half of a jar of nutella sitting around.

No comments:

Post a Comment