Friday, October 12, 2012

Garlic Chili Rosemary Chicken

I love cooking chicken thighs, dark meat is so moist that it almost always turns out wonderfully. So I was excited when I found this recipe for Sriracha Rosemary Chicken which combined dark meat, with the flavors which my fiance enjoys, and a yogurt to cool it down a bit.





Since I typically try to use as many ingredients as I have on hand, I made a few modifications to the recipe. In place of true Sriracha I used garlic chili sauce made my Huy Fong which is the only sriracha sauce brand can name. Also, instead of using fresh rosemary I used dried which I currently have two full bottles of.

Lexie's Recipe For 'Garlic Chili Rosemary Chicken'

Ingredients:
  • 8 skin on chicken thighs
  • ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons of Garlic Chili Sauce
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 lemon
  • pinch salt
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper





Directions:
  1. In mixing bowl combine yogurt, garlic chili sauce, and olive oil. Using a garlic press crush garlic into mixture. Add juice from one lemon (I cut the lemon in half and then squeezed the heck outta each side over the bowl). Add rosemary, salt, and pepper. Before adding the dried rosemary I crushed it slightly crushed it because I do not care for its dried texture. Stir together. 
    Ingredients
    The marinade

  2. Trim excess fat from chicken thighs.
  3. Place chicken thighs in a large zip-lock bag and pour yogurt mixture in. Shake the bag to coat the chicken and let marinate at least 1 hour in refrigerator, shaking occasionally.
  4.  When chicken is finished marinating, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  5. Place chicken into a broiler safe baking dish (no Pyrex!) and pour yogurt mixture over top.
  6. Bake for approximately 40 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.
  7. Broil chicken for 5 minutes on high.

The chicken was good. I felt that the first few bites I took really had that spicy kick from the chili sauce, but the heat never seemed to increase allowing me to eat more of it. I'm not a big rosemary fan, so besides for the crunch of some dried rosemary, I'm not sure that I noticed it much.

Eventually I'd like to try the original recipe with fresh rosemary and sriracha, but until my Garlic Chili Sauce is gone I'll continue using it. In the future I hope to play with the broiler time. My broiler was smoking and the skin, while very tasty, wasn't as crunch as I'd have hoped. Next time I might try the broiler on low for 10 minutes.

Summary:
The heat from the garlic chili sauce and creaminess of the yogurt made this a dish enjoyed by my whole household. Of course the yummy, moist dark meat chicken helped too! We will be making this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment