Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bachelorette/Shower Party Favors

Hello! Just a quick little DYI today; favors for a bachelorette party or bridal shower.



A long time ago I saw the photograph below on pinterest. I thought it was very sweet to have such a simple favor for a shower. The idea stuck with me, and when it came time for my Bachelorette party I decided to have favors to Thank everyone for coming. Before making this decision I asked my MOH if they were ordering t-shirts or anything else for the entire party that I could help pay for as a favor, and since they weren't I decided to make my own favors.

http://www.thetomkatstudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mint-to-be-76.jpg
 I did a little more 'pinterest' research and found lots more ideas. Most of which involved painted martini glasses or cocktail shakers or mini hangover kits (aspirin, etc).

I made a long list of possible ideas of what to include. To keep my spending under control, I decided to spend $7 to $10 per favor. My thought was that the favor should offset the cost one drink should each girl offer to buy me one at the bars.

Possible Items to include;
 Aspirin, 5 hour energy, alcohol, lip gloss, nail file, nail polish, beads (necklace), candy, sunglasses, a wine or martini glass, earrings, shot glass, hand sanitizer, bottle of water, cocktail ring, band-aids, flip-flops...



So I hit the mall. Here's what I ended up with:
  • Nail polish in complementary shades (Target)
  • Pink earrings (H&M)
  • Pink flower barrettes/ broaches (H&M)
  • Mini Altoids (Target)
  • Hand Sanitizer (Target)
You will also need:
  • Party Favor Bags (Target)
  • Ribbon (My craft closet)

The biggest expense, and main gift in my thinking, was a nice nail polish in a trendy color.

For the jewelry I checked stores such as H&M and Forever 21. What I finally got was a bit junkie and marked down a lot, but I got it because it was just girlie enough to wear for one night to unify us at the bars. Plus, several of my bridesmaids did wear the hair clips to the rehearsal dinner. As a bonus, I found myself matching accessories in white.


There wasn't any trick to building the bags. I wanted them to look nice, so I tried to put the larger items in the back with smaller items in the front so that everything was visible at once. I tied the bags with ribbon that I curled and then clipped the hair barrettes onto the ribbon as a decoration.

The final product

I also did end up making my own bridal shower favors; Recipe Cards with Peach Jam. Look for those in an upcoming blog!









No comments:

Post a Comment