Wednesday, July 24, 2013

DIY: Wedding!

Recently I was lucky enough to get married. Being an avid craft-ster, a true do-it-youself-er, and a cheapskate I took on a lot of wedding projects myself. My inspiration started when I saw a photograph of pinwheel aisle decorations and a pinwheel cake.

A collage of some of the wedding details.

By the time I finished my crafting I had made; 12 bachelorette party favors, 6 signature drink signs, 15 table number signs, 300 cocktail stirs, 16 aisle decorations, 140 favor tags, one guest book, 45 shower favors, 2 custom quotation signs, and over 110 pinwheels.




The two photographs that became my inspiration.


A few of these crafts I’ve already shared with you;
  •   My cocktail stirs; designed to mimic the pinwheel shape but not be as intrusive while drinking.
  •   My first pinwheels; made to display our wedding date in photographs used for the save the date.
I’d like to spend my next few blogs giving instructions on how I did the rest of my wedding crafts.


There are two crafts that I am very proud of being able to use to add a personal touch to the wedding; however no instructions from me are necessary.

The first of these is our guest book which we created using engagement photos taken by a friend. We left plenty of blank spaces scattered throughout the book. I love the randomness of where people signed their names. My sister even went as far as to draw fish and mermaids into the river on the background of one of our pictures. The only time I interfered at all with the nature of the guest book, was when I walked past it, noticed many people had signed the same page, and turned to a blank page to encourage the next people to sign it in a different location.

Our DYI guestbook.
The second project that requires no explanation is the personalized signs for an ice cream bar. Yep, we had an ice cream bar at the wedding! My family has a long history of eating ice cream any chance we get, and my husband’s family has a long history of his mom making each child’s favorite dessert anytime we visit (in my husband’s case that’s peanutbutter ice cream pie). An ice cream sundae bar with peanut butter topping seemed like the perfect idea. And what better way is there to honor our parents who started these traditions than by making signs honoring them and their famous quotes on the topic. 
The ice cream sundae bar the morning of the wedding.
Stayed tuned! My next post will be Pinwheel Aisle Decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment