Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Lights, for a good cause

I wish I had discovered this earlier, but there's a house in Arlington County (East Falls Church) that puts on a great Christmas 'Dancing' Light show. Plus, its all to benefit The Animal Welfare League of Arlington.

Picture from Arlnow.com 

I first read about this light show at the Arlington Now website, here. Last night I drove by to check it out.

I really enjoyed the light show. You can listen to it while staying warm inside your car by tuning in to 98.1FM. The show started out slow with a Children's song which I wasn't familiar with, the second song by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra kicked it into high gear and the lights were amazing. The longer I watched the more I saw light-up elements I hadn't even noticed at the start of the show. At least two more songs continued before we drove away. I'm not sure how long the show goes if you stay to watch the entire thing.

The bad news is that I just discovered this yesterday, and tomorrow (Dec 31) is the last night to view it.

If you want to check it our for yourself, the address is 5612 24th Street N and the show times are 6pm-10pm Sunday- Thursday and 6pm-11pm Saturday. You can be sure that I will be returning next year several times and spreading the word to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment